Friday, March 3, 2023

February 27th - March 3, 2023

Hello EES Families,

Welcome to our EES Room 3 Blog. It has been a pleasure getting to know your child over the last few weeks. I am so excited to learn, play and engage with your children over the next four months!  

This week our focus was getting to know each other. As this change has been huge for many if not all the children, I really wanted to spend time building relationships and learning more about each child's different needs, likes and dislikes.  We recently celebrated Pink Shirt Day, so the focus of many of the tasks, activities and stories focused on being kind, being you or developing social skills. During table work the kids worked on targeted tasks around number recognition, pattern matching, fine motor skills and reading comprehension. Our tasks were "heart" themed to tie into our theme of being kind, and being you. 



We also highlighted two stories over the last few weeks. I wanted to read stories about being our authentic selves and a book that focused on our feelings. I read "I Am Me - A Book of Authenticity" by Susan Verde and "The Color Monster" by Anna Llenas. I chose "I Am Me - A Book of Authenticity" as my goal was really getting to know and celebrate each child's differences in the classroom. I also wanted to discuss our feelings and "The Color Monster" story really highlights the emotions we all feel and how they make our bodies feel while we are feeling them. The class was feeling many different emotions as they are all adjusting to me and my teaching style, and I am sure they are all missing Mrs. Rachel as well. I know this change has also been an adjustment for you, so I would like to thank you all for having so much patience for me and your child as well get used to one another! I am hoping the more we talk about emotions and feelings, we will all begin to see that it is okay to feel upset, scared, frustrated, sad, etc. We will continue to work on what we do with these feelings after we recognize what each feeling is. 

Next week, we have School Conferences! I am so excited to meet you in person and hopefully get to know more about your child and tell you what I have learned so far. It has been a joy getting to be in this wonderful classroom. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

June 12th - 16th

 Hi EES Families, It has been a fun week in Room 3. We have continued learning about butterflies and bees this week. During our inquiry lear...